
My recuperating mother managed to get out of bed and drive up to our house (bless her heart) to watch the storm. My mom and I sat in her Tahoe watching the lightning storm blow over the Tri-Cities and "oooohhhhed and ahhhhhhed and WHOA!-ed" for about an hour. We actually got to see the lightning touch ground a couple of times. It was amazing - I had never seen that before! There was a huge bolt of lightning that struck in Pasco (around the Road 68 area), and I actually got to see the ball of fire it created when hitting the ground! It was so crazy, I couldn't believe what I had just seen and couldn't stop talking about it. Seriously - that was the most amazing sight! The next morning I saw on the news that it was a Haystack that had caught fire, and that they had reports of Kennewick residents being witness to the lightning strike (So I guess I wasn't the only one!).




3 comments:
Wow Laurie! Those pics are awesome...even if you weren't the one who took them! LOL. The thunder woke us up but I didn't get to see any of the lightening, luckily Layla slept through the noise. :)
Laurie,
So glad you found our blog! I just read about your mom, so glad everything is ok now, how scary!! I can't even imagine losing 32 pounds in a week, she must feel like a completely new woman.
Riley and I are in Tri-Cities all week since my husband is working in Montana, you should come by and meet him if you have time, I would love to catch up.
Wow Laurie! Those pictures are amazing!
Post a Comment