
So, after much resistance, we have finally given in to the world of Blogging! It started with just checking out a few of my friends' blogs, and I have to admit... it sucked me in! (basically the same way I got interested in MySpace). The one thing I really enjoyed about MySpace is being able to connect with friends I haven't seen or talked to in ages. But what I really appreciate about the Blogging is that you actually feel like you're keeping up with what everyone is up to! Not just staring at the same old MySpace page that never gets changed or updated. So... here we are!!! I'm hoping to update the Blog regularly, and keep everyone in the loop with our adventures!
So, to start off with - Here is a little background:
Life has been such a blessing. Devon and I have been together for over 11 years now, and just got married last year (May 27, 2007). Everyone thought it was weird that we waited so long to tie the knot... but honestly, I wouldn't have done anything differently if I had to do it all over again. Waiting to marry gave us time to grow up, find out who we are as individuals, and learn how to love the other person without reservation. We have since melded in to a great partnership and have been able to enjoy every second of our marriage. People say the first year of marriage is the hardest, but if this is hard, then bring on the rest!!! Every day has been better than the last, and I wouldn't trade our relationship for anything in the world!
Devon made the switch from Union Ironworker to working at Hanford full time as an Ironworker/Rigger, which he is enjoying. (After 10 years of gruelling work as a Union Ironworker, it took a while for him to get used to the government's definition of "Work"... ie: Crossword Puzzles & naps). But this job was a welcome change for us. It has been much easier on his body and he gets to spend more time at home (which I love!)
And as for me... Well, things have changed dramatically! The past 2 years were insane. For some reason, I thought that I had something to prove (to who? I don't know... myself, I guess?), and tried to be Super Woman. I completely packed my schedule & was involved in EVERYTHING. At one point, I was working 1 Full Time job and 3 Part Time jobs. Because I was working at a Title & Escrow Company during the day, Coaching 2 different Dance Teams at night, and Judging Dance Competitions on Saturdays... I was NEVER home, and the lack of free time caused me to really neglect things that I shouldn't have. Through all of it, Devon was incredibly supportive and gave me the time and space to chase my dream of Coaching Dance.
But in the end, I realized it was just too much. Burning the candle at both ends of the stick (and in the middle) wound up taking it's toll on me. It took me a while, but I finally threw in the towel and quit coaching. Dance is (and always will be) a HUGE part of my life, but there are way more important things in life... and I knew that it was time to move on.
Quitting was probably one of the best decisions I have made - but overall, I'm really happy that I got to go back and coach my old team. Not many people get the luxury of living their dreams at such a young age, so I consider myself fortunate for the opportunity!
Since then, I have enjoyed spending more time at home with my husband and our baby / dog, Bubba. Due to the lovely Real Estate market, I was recently laid off from work, and I am not working at all right now. So I literally went from one end of the spectrum to the other! I have to say, it was a little strange going from 60 to 0... but I'm learning to like it! I think after all of that craziness, I needed a break, and this has been a wonderful opportunity to just take a breather and play catch up on things that I didn't have time for before. I'm really looking forward to my time at home to clean, organize, redecorate, and nest.
=o)
I'm looking forward to Blogging and keeping everyone updated on the Adventures of the Daniel Family! Hope everyone is doing well ~ Keep in Touch!
All our Love,
Devon & Laurie Daniel (... and Bubba, too!)

No comments:
Post a Comment